The following instructions must be respected to promote healing. Note that it is normal to experience some discomfort and swelling after the surgery
Day of surgery
- Keep gauzes in the mouth for an hour or two by maintaining a firm pressure.
- Always keep your head elevated. • Apply ice on the cheek immediately at earliest you reach home.
- If you are bleeding, bite into a gauze. • Blood-tinged saliva is a normal postoperative effect
- .Limit your physical efforts and don’t forget to rest.
- Do not eat anything until the bleeding has stopped.
- Avoid drinking through a straw.
- Do not rinse your mouth or spit. (Swallow spit/blood/Saliva) For upcoming 1 hour.
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol.
- Do not eat hard/sticky foods.
- Avoid brushing your teeth near the extraction site for the first 72
• If you are experiencing some pain & swelling, take the medication that has been prescribed to you.
• If you were prescribed antibiotics for this treatment, continue to take them for the specified time period, even if the symptoms go away.
• Only eat soft foods or semi liquids (should be cold) on the day of the extraction. Resume your usual diet as soon as you are able to.
From the next day and until complete healing
Rinse your mouth three times a day with warm water and salt (2 ml or 1/2 tsp of salt in 250 ml or 1 cup of water).
• Brush and floss every day to remove plaque and ensure better results in the long term
. • Avoid brushing near the extraction site for the first 72 hours.
• Avoid eating hard foods (nuts, candies, ice).
• You may experience pronunciation difficulties and an increased amount of saliva. Everything should come back to normal within a week.
• Bruising may appear on the skin. It will disappear after five to seven days.
• You may have difficulty opening your mouth. It should come back to normal after four to five days
. • If after three days the pain increases instead of decreasing, call us.
After a few days, you will feel better and be able to resume your normal activities. If you are bleeding heavily, feeling pain, and experiencing swelling since two or three days or if you are having a reaction to the medication, call us at 7738378787.